Eileen's Reviews > Babyproofing Your Marriage: How to Laugh More, Argue Less, and Communicate Better as Your Family Grows

Babyproofing Your Marriage by Stacie Cockrell

Dec 25, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2008, parenting
Read in December, 2008

One of my biggest concerns with having a baby is how it will impact my marriage. We've been happily married for 10 years and I know this is going to rock our world. This book did give me a few good insights. A few of the things I took away from it: remember that the difficult "baby" phase is only temporary. Remember to understand that your spouse doesn't always (and doesn't have to) do things your way. Be thankful for what he or she does to help out. Divide the labor as much as you can. Remember you are not alone in this, that other couples go through it too. Don't take each other for granted, of course, and make time for each other and yourself. My attitude lately has just been "we'll see how it goes" and "we're going to do the best we can". I really like one line in this book which said something along the lines of "There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one". This book also made me a little glad that we have decided to probably only have one child. To quote my father "one is like none, two is like ten". The book kind of drove home that point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Babyproofing Your Marriage.