Becky's Reviews > The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Jun 14, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, mythology, 2009, reviewed, zombies
Read in June, 2009

Another fun adventure... well, fun for me. Probably not so fun for Percy, Thalia and Annabeth.

I love Percy as a narrator. He has such a wonderful sense of humor about things, while still looking at life through the eyes of a teenager who thinks that he has all the answers. He has a lot of strengths and abilities, but he's still humbled and embarrassed by the fact that his mom has to drive him to his battles.

I was happy to see some new characters make an appearance in this story, as the group started out this story on a quest to pick up two new half-bloods, brother and sister Bianca and Nico di Angelo. I called Nico and Bianca's parentage long before it was revealed in the book, as well as some other plot points. I know a little mythology, so it didn't make it hard to guess these things, but that did not take away from my enjoyment at all. And again, for younger readers, these books might inspire a yearning to find out more about what really happened.

We got to interact with a few more gods and goddesses, including Artemis and her Hunters, which intrigued me. We also got to see a few new tricks from some of the gods we've seen all along. Things are rapidly coming to a head... We've only got two more years before the prophecy is, or could be, fulfilled. I can't wait to see what happens.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Titan's Curse.

06/13/2009 page 1