Jackie's Reviews > Celebrate Jesus! at Christmas: For Advent Through Epiphany

Celebrate Jesus! at Christmas by Kimberly Ingalls Reese

F 50x66
Dec 25, 08

Recommended for: anyone with children
Read in December, 2008, read count: 8

We have been doing this devotional with the kids from Advent to Epiphany for the past 8 years. It is a wonderful way to focus on the reason for the season. The kids are getting old enough to read the Bible passages and the prayers. They all enjoy putting the nativity scene together over the 5 weeks and doing the candles. They even remind us to do devotions each night. (Each evening has a song, candle lighting, Bible passage, a short devotional, a prayer, and a nativity building activity.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celebrate Jesus! at Christmas.

message 1: by kellie (new)

kellie This sounds great. I have been looking for something like this. If you want to sell yours, I'll take it!

Jackie I wouldn't sell it, but I'd highly recommend buying it. I was thinking I'd like to order some for when the kids have families of their own. (Guess I'll be a pushing grandma)
How was your Christmas?

message 3: by kellie (new)

kellie It was nice. We spent the Eve with my family. Then my mom and Al came over again for Christmas day. We went to Feather's Christmas night and stayed with Rowan while she went to Patient First with bad stomach pains. We got Sophie a guinea pig and she is in HEAVEN! How bout you?

Jackie What kind of guinea pig is it? The kids remembered that you had come for New Year's two years ago and asked if you were coming again this year? You know you are always welcome. Christmas Eve was spent quietly at home as was Christmas. We got the kids a Wii, so that's pretty much all we did. On the 27th we celebrated the twins birthday we a special trolley ride through Sweet Lights with a bunch of other families who have kids their age.

message 5: by kellie (new)

kellie Oh, the wii is such an awesome game system. When you have more money, invest in the wii Fit. If you need advice on games.....I know Erika's fave is Wario Ware Smooth moves. Sophie loves Zelda Twilight Princess. Erika loves Okami, but it is very hard and frustrating.

Jackie I am hoping that wii fit will come at my birthday. Played wii ski at a friends and loved it!