♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Lumberjack In Love

Lumberjack In Love by Penny Watson

This was so much fun to read! LUMBERJACK IN LOVE is a great sizzling hot and funny contemporary romance set in a small town in Vermont.

Marcus & Ami

This short story packs quite a bit into it. Ami and Marcus are well developed characters, who at first appear to be as opposite as day and night. She a city gal; he a woodsman "lumberjack" that prefers the country. But quickly we see an attraction burning between them, and their flirting was just so fun to read. When things heated up - and I mean HEATED UP! - I thought Marcus might well be the most perfect man and Ami the luckiest lady alive. (Yum!)

The town folks congregate at a local general store, where we meet several other fun characters. Ami misses the good coffee and wine found in the big city, but she is falling in love with the people here. When a career changing opportunity gives her a chance to stay, she doesn't know what to do. Marcus, on the other hand, wants nothing more than to convince her to stay.

The lumberjack jokes were fast and frequent, and kept me laughing. The chemistry between Ami and Marcus sizzled, and despite them being so opposite it was easy to believe that these two belonged together. There were some great scenes, very original.

In summary, Lumber Jack in Love was a HOT, funny, small town romance with great chemistry and quirky characters. It has an opposites attract theme that I also love. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a great `feel good' steamy romance read.

Note: the author Penny has been an online friend of mine for years, and I love to chat romance books with her. But she did not ask me to read or review her book, I am simply a big fan of her writing. And this is the best book she's written yet

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lumberjack In Love.

09/08/2012
25.0% "Holy hell, ((((fan self))), this is one hot mountain man. I want!"
09/08/2012
32.0% "This is getting hard to read! .... My eyes are watering and my glasses are steaming over! That Marcus is so f'n fine. Great chemistry. Off to wipe eyes and glasses."
09/09/2012
60.0% "The lumberjack puns are hilarious; I want my own Paul Bunyan. He is smokin."

Comments (showing 10-59)

Sheryl SOLD!!! You've sold me... i LOVE Penny Watson, so i'm off to buy this book now!!! Thanks!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Oh I see you loved it!!! I hope to finish it this morning, but have to leave for a BBQ party. So far this is excellent reading. :-)

Karla I love when that happens, can't wait for your review!

Karla Wow this is a Prime member borrow too!

♡Karlyn P♡ Thanks Karla. I'm off to a barbecue, will write it up later tonight hopefully! A solid recommend.

Vicki Great review...looking forward to reading this one. :)

message 53: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Nice one KarLyn! Sounds fab!

message 52: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Great review as always, KarLyn. The cover to this book cracks me up. Lol.

♡Karlyn P♡ Wendy wrote: "Nice one KarLyn! Sounds fab!"

Vicki wrote: "Great review...looking forward to reading this one. :)"

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it!!

message 50: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 10, 2012 07:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Kristen wrote: "Great review as always, KarLyn. The cover to this book cracks me up. Lol."

Thanks Kristen! The cover is a crackup but it makes more sense after reading it. Especially her black boots -- he loved her boots! Lol

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I can't wait to read this one.

Karla Love your review KarLyn. I borrowed this at Amazon today and will read it within the week. The premise reminds me of Letters to a Secret Lover, which is one of my all-time favorite books. I love when city goes country, I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this very much!

♡Karlyn P♡ Karla--yes!! 'Letters...' is one of my favorite books too. This is similar, maybe with more humor and a nicer hero, but just as sizzling:-)

Karla ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Karla--yes!! 'Letters...' is one of my favorite books too. This is similar, maybe with more humor and a nicer hero, but just as sizzling:-)"

Oh, I'm so excited to read this! Thanks KarLyn!

message 45: by Wendy (last edited Sep 10, 2012 08:13PM) (new) - added it

Wendy OH wow, I really must read this and Letters to a Secret Lover. My curiosity is well and truly peaked!

♡Karlyn P♡ Wendy wrote: "OH wow, I really must read this and Letters to a Secret Lover. My curiosity is well and truly peaked!"

I highly recommend that one too, a solid steamy romance classic Wendy.

Kellie G. Great review! Looks good, adding it to the TBR mountain.

message 42: by Lady Lioness (new)

Lady Lioness Got your rec for this. I may check it out because I like Watson's Santa offspring books.

message 41: by Jae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jae What with the cover?

Kathleen Great review Karlyn, I'm adding it to my BTR list too.

message 39: by Caz (new)

Caz Thanks for the rec. I now have Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" on the brain!

Diane Thanks for the recommendation...I will check it out :)

♡Karlyn P♡ Lady Lioness wrote: "Got your rec for this. I may check it out because I like Watson's Santa offspring books."

Kellie wrote: "Great review! Looks good, adding it to the TBR mountain."

Thanks Kellie and Lady Lioness!

♡Karlyn P♡ Jae wrote: "What with the cover?
My inner randiness demands a more graphic naked male chest. And maybe loose the bandana too."

LOL, that's a stocking cap I think, not a bandana. It's cold in Vermont. :-) I think all romance novels should have a half naked man on it too. I added some photos to my review, hope that helps with the visual. :-)

♡Karlyn P♡ Kathleen wrote: "Great review Karlyn, I'm adding it to my BTR list too."

:-) Thanks Kathleen!

♡Karlyn P♡ Caz wrote: "Thanks for the rec. I now have Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" on the brain!"

I have to check that out, they really have one? LOL.

Kathleen I love the pictures you used.

♡Karlyn P♡ doesn't he look like he is staring at her chest? :-)

♡Karlyn P♡ Diane wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation...I will check it out :)"

Your welcome Diane :-)

KatLynne Thank you so much for the rec KarLyn! Love your review and Penny is a friend of mine here on GR! Can't wait!

message 29: by Kelly22 (new) - added it

Kelly22 Loved your review KarLyn! And thank you for the recommendation!

Karen Thanks for the book recommendation KarLynP....I immediately ordered this one through Amazon after reading your enthusiastic review....am trying to get some assignments started today but am keen to start this one

message 27: by Judi (new) - added it

Judi Thanks for the book rec KarLyn. Why is the cover so corny looking lol! I'll download the sample and give it a try

message 26: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Thanks for the review and the rec. This sounds like a fun, sexy romance. :)

♡Karlyn P♡ KatLynne wrote: "Thank you so much for the rec KarLyn! Love your review and Penny is a friend of mine here on GR! Can't wait!"

Thanks KatLynne, I think you'll really like this one. :-)

♡Karlyn P♡ Karen wrote: "Thanks for the book recommendation KarLynP....I immediately ordered this one through Amazon after reading your enthusiastic review....am trying to get some assignments started today but am keen to ..."

Karen - wow, hope you like it. It's a great 'feel good' book.

Kelly22 wrote: "Loved your review KarLyn! And thank you for the recommendation!"

Thanks Kelly!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Judi wrote: "Thanks for the book rec KarLyn. Why is the cover so corny looking lol! I'll download the sample and give it a try"

The covers on most indie books tend to be a bit corny, huh? Budget I guess. Trust me, Marcus (the 'lumberjack') looks more like the photo in my review than the guy on the cover.

message 22: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Sep 12, 2012 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Leslie wrote: "Thanks for the review and the rec. This sounds like a fun, sexy romance. :)"

You're welcome Leslie!

message 21: by Judi (new) - added it

Judi I read the sample and liked it. Is that Scott Speedman in your post? Yum. I'll be adding this to the TBR.

♡Karlyn P♡ Judi wrote: "I read the sample and liked it. Is that Scott Speedman in your post? Yum. I'll be adding this to the TBR."

Hmmm, I have no idea who he is, just a hottie who looks like my version of 'Marcus'. I'll have to look up Scott Speedman. After I posted the 'Ami' photo I realized that is Tiger Woods ex-wife. (She looks so different in that photo than the tabloid shots I am used to seeing)

message 19: by Judi (new) - added it

Judi That's Tiger's ex? Wouldn't have known that. What was he thinking.

♡Karlyn P♡ With his 'Wood', apparently :-)

message 17: by Caz (new)

Caz ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Caz wrote: "Thanks for the rec. I now have Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" on the brain!"

I have to check that out, they really have one? LOL."

They really do! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey85...

message 16: by Judi (new) - added it

Judi With his wood!!!! lol!!!!

message 15: by ✿Alyssa✿ (new)

✿Alyssa✿ Great review girlfriend! :)

♡Karlyn P♡ ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Great review girlfriend! :)"

Thanks Alyssa!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Sounds very good! Perfect sampler size, too! :)

♡Karlyn P♡ Anna wrote: "Sounds very good! Perfect sampler size, too! :)"

Hope you enjoy it Anna! It's 10 chapters, a good size read but still a long novella.

Kathleen LMAO Karlyn, you have everyone reading this book and guess what? I'm reading it next :-)

♡Karlyn P♡ Kathleen wrote: "LMAO Karlyn, you have everyone reading this book and guess what? I'm reading it next :-)"

:-)