Alethea A's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Jun 27, 09

bookshelves: young-adult, what-a-twist, top-10-of-2009, tearjerker, thriller, sexy, series, sci-fi-fantasy, romance, re-read, poetry, page-turner, need-to-buy, music, morality, love, literary, funny, fiction, favorites, boys-and-girls, bookcover-candy, arc
Recommended for: kickass women everywhere, and the guys who love them
Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

No spoilers here! I want everybody hungry and waiting and anxious for when the book comes out in September/October. So you'll run out and buy two copies of Fire, one to read for yourself and one to fend off the squealing hordes of people who will be clamoring to borrow your copy because for whatever reason they can't or won't get their own.

Sequels or prequels from new authors tend to disappoint, or at least, if the first novel was brilliant, the second one is good, but no fireworks and marching bands like the original (Hosseini and Zafon have already proved me right on this).

Kristin Cashore beats the pants off them, burns them, then dances barefoot on the smoldering ashes. Well done, and now I settle into the agonizing wait for another book.

So many good books coming out this fall: this one, Catching Fire, Sea Glass, The Magicians.... My eyes might fall out from all the book-loving goodness.

If you haven't yet read Graceling, go get it *now*! In hardcover! 2 copies! Buy the books so Kristin can keep paying rent and writing books forever!!!

- - - Ok, it might be time for a nap....- - -
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

06/26/2009 page 222
66.47% "We're going to need more stars!!! (Five is not enough)"
06/27/2009 page 290
86.83% "Kate just did a happy dance. So first Jane, then Nancy, then Suzy?, then Kate, then Roxy, then Damaris? In descending order of speed."
06/27/2009 page 461
100% "OMG! Kristin Cashore rocks, and I don't mean that in the swearing way a Dellian might say (you'll have to read the book to find out)."

message 1: by SheWunders (last edited Jun 29, 2009 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SheWunders YAY! I knew you'd love it!

I think I need to reread this. Or I'll just wait for my hardcopy then I'll read it.

Alethea A My copy is making the rounds... I'm re-reading Graceling, though.

Alethea A Ok, my ARC is back--who's next?

Roxy I know I'm in the line somewhere, not sure after who though.

Reema You passing yours around as well!!!! We are very nice people :o)

Sarah Alethea, which Sea Glass book are you referring to?
Thanks,