Gabby B.'s Reviews > Ruby's Slippers

Ruby's Slippers by Tricia Rayburn

Sep 17, 2012

Read from September 06 to 17, 2012

Ruby Slippers By Tricia Rayburn 221 pages Realistic Fiction

Ruby Slippers is about a girl named Ruby whose idol is Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Ruby believes that there's no place like home. She's very happy living in Curly Creek, Kansas, a place where there's no need for technology and the neighbors are family. But Ruby's mother is taking her and her slippers to Florida. To live with Ruby's Nana Dottie, Ruby's mother as to go and take care of her. Ruby sticks out with her ruby slippers (red Chuck Taylors) among her classmates, and her mother doesn't help when she gives Ruby an ABBA lunch box that sets off the school's metal detector. While emotional problems at home, Ruby tries to make sense of the culture of cell phones and divas while holding onto her life back home, she is challenged by the popular girl Ava, who is furious when Ruby is put in her group for the illustrious school talent show.

This book was a pretty good book because it had a interesting story. Overall this book was a okay and I enjoyed it. I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars. A time I thought was pretty good was when Ruby had to move to Florida with her mom because I love the mixed emotions going on at that time. I thought from time to time the book was a little boring at the introduction of the people. I thought this book kept my interest most the book. I also like the parts from right before they where going to move and when the first got to Florida. That's my opinion on Ruby Slippers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby's Slippers.