Martha 's Reviews > Return to Arèthane

Return to Arèthane by Kelly Riad

Sep 10, 12

bookshelves: own, favorites
Read from September 06 to 10, 2012

Review to come. Meanwhile, here's a hint if the review...ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I'm one for vampire and werewolf books, and dragons and witches, even fey, but elves is one creature I usually don't read about. Mainly because I haven't looked for any book that consist of elves. Now that being said I am going to consider this as my first elf book (because I can't remember if I have or have not read any thus far).

I had signed up for this blog tour because the synopsis grabbed me immediately, that being said when I received the book to read and review I had completely forgotten what it was about and simply dived in without knowing anything about it. Good thing I went in blind because I would've been expecting too much out of it. I was only 6% in and already I thought the book was great!

The beginning was intense, Emily is already acting as an adult to her childish mother and she's only 16 years old! Enter her best friends siblings, Jarrad and Kara. They seemed normal to both Emily and I but after a bit I started to note that no they were not as normal as they wanted people to think. Even though they were elves I thought they were very human even with the weirdness, but then again aren't we all varying degrees of weird?

This is one of those book that I've been so excited to read and so sad to have it finish. I'm the type of person that gets bored very easily and this book never had me bored. I found myself most nights staying REALLY late trying to get to a boring part to stop at so that I could go to sleep but instead I was confronted with what Daphne, Jarrad and Kara were or trying to figure out what was wrong with Emily that made her take medicine. There was always mystery, romance, adventure and many other things that would NOT allow me to put it down!

The descriptions were FANTASTIC! The author described it so well I literally thought I could see it in my minds eye. I could see the paintings in the castle and in Aerath's home and the gardens and the strange flowers that were native to Arethane. the author is brilliant in this aspect (then again she's brilliant in all the other aspects as well, in my opinion).

This is also one of those few book that I found nothing wrong with (except for a few grammatical errors here and there but nothing for me to take a bird away). I loved every part of it. The characters, although not all human, were very like-able and relatable in some form or another. There was no instant love at first sight from the MC, which happens too many times in books as well as no love triangle! This book for me was perfect!

READ IT! I was not disappointed and I'm pretty sure you won't be either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to Arèthane.

09/07/2012
6.0% "Amazing beginning!"
09/09/2012
41.0% "Loving this book!"
09/09/2012
51.0% "Did I mention that I'm loving this book? and I'm only half way!"
show 2 hidden updates…