Trish's Reviews > The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

Dec 24, 2008

bookshelves: fiction
Read in June, 2008

Big, thick summer read. Willful suspension of disbelief cranked up to high, this held me rapt. Escapism at its finest.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

Merry Trish, you write some very interesting reviews, I really enjoy them, and thank you for posting. I was wondering if this book was a good read and from what you commented I think I will put it on my to read list. Thanks again, keep reading and reviewing, you have great comments.

message 2: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Hear, hear!

Merry Lee wrote: "Hear, hear!"

So you agree!!! Trish brings something new to my little friend list.
Lee - I am searching books to check out at the library and plan to go look for the Omnivore - are you about ready to read? Will let you know when I find it....

message 4: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Yes, I agree Trish rocks but she's pretty quiet.

I'll check the library for Omnivore now.

message 5: by Trish (last edited Mar 16, 2009 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trish Lee wrote: "Yes, I agree Trish rocks but she's pretty quiet.

I'll check the library for Omnivore now. "

Trish
I'm not that quiet, but there is so much happening on this site all the time, I can't keep up. Lee, I wonder how you have time for all the reading you do. Everytime I get on, there is something new there from you to someone. And Merry, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle is a terrific story told by a master. Hard to believe this was his first book. And it's about a dog trainer who does amazing things. While I am sure dog trainers can do amazing things, perhaps this was just a l-i-t-t-l-e optimistic. Was one of my favorites last year, summertime. You MUST read the great and funny mystery story Dog On It. I really liked that one as well. One half of a detective team is canine with a running monologue like a teenaged boy. Really a riot. Glad to see you've recovered from your temporary bout of ill health.

message 7: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Hi Trish,
I was just teasing you a little bit. You can be as quiet or as chatty as you like!

I read every night for at least a couple of hours and then I pop in here to chat during the day. I have a few great friends that bring sunshine to my day while I'm home alone with my 3 year old daughter.

Merry and I are going to read Edgar Sawtelle together probably starting next week. I look forward to it.

Cheers!

Merry Trish wrote: "

Trish you won't believe, but I have reserved Dog On It at the same time as Sawtelle! What a coincidence....funny you should mention. Hope to start them in a week or so, when they become available at the library. Yes, Trish, you are not THAT quiet.... Lee and I do like to chat a lot, which makes you look quiet....and Lee, you leave me in the dust with your reading list. Carry on friends!