Lisa Bouchard's Reviews > Clean

4194724
Sep 06, 12

Read from September 04 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This is a great book.

I read a lot of science fiction, because I love the new and different worlds and the problems that are often so different from my own. Clean is different because the best part of this book is the main character. Even with all his problems, he’s a guy you want to know and a guy you’d want as a friend if you were in trouble. I love his emotional vulnerability and how he continues to do the right thing, even when the personal cost is very high.

And of course, I still love the hover cars and telepathy and gritty, post-Tech-war world Hughes created

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clean.

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Thanks for recommending this one! It really looks like it might be my kind of read--onto Mt. TBR it goes. :)

message 2: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Garafalo Thanks for the recommendation, Lisa. I'm definitely going to check it out!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Scharhag Thank you! It's going on my to-read list!

message 4: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Stoolfire Thanks for alerting me to this book, Lisa. I'm definitely going to have to check it out! :)

message 5: by Jake (new)

Jake Jackson Looks good. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 6: by Lora Palmer (new) - added it

Lora Palmer Thanks for recommending this book, Lisa! It sounds like a great read. Addin it to my to- read shelf.

message 7: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Hayden Thank you for the recommendation Lisa. I've seen this one around on a few reviews and it does sound like a great read. :)

message 8: by Lora Palmer (new) - added it

Lora Palmer Lora Palmer wrote: "Thanks for recommending this book, Lisa! It sounds like a great read. Adding it to my to- read shelf."

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle Thanks for the rec Lisa - is this written entirely in first person though?

message 10: by Meg (new) - added it

Meg Dunley Thanks for the recomm Lisa. Have added to my to-read list. Sounds good!

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance Thank you for the recommendation. I may look into it at a later date. Right now I am inundated with books to review. I do like sci-fi but I am not reviewing that genre right now.

Mahina Thanks for the recommendation! I just finished it and loved it!

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Bouchard Mahina wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation! I just finished it and loved it!"

So glad you liked it! I preordered the second in the series so I wouldn't miss it when it came out.

Happy New Year,

Lisa

Mahina Me too! Cant wait for it to come out!!
Any more recommendations??
Happy New Year to you too :)

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Bouchard Jim Butcher's Dresden files books are also excellent, with a wizard as the main character. There are over a dozen books in this series (so far). The first is called Storm Front.

Mahina Thanks :)

message 17: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Atencio Thanks Lisa

message 18: by Remittance (new) - added it

Remittance Girl Thank you! Looks very good

message 19: by Libby (new) - added it

Libby Thank you for the recommendation. I am always looking for new books :-)