Zette's Reviews > To Win Her Heart

To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

Sep 06, 12

Read in September, 2012

I am quickly becoming a Karen Witemeyer fan! After reading Short Straw Bride and really liking it, I immediately started To Win Her Heart and loved it! Usually, although I enjoy a book, there are a few little things about it that keep it from a 5 star rating. I have nothing negative to say about this one though. I loved both Levi and Eden and the struggles they had to overcome. I really enjoyed the fact that the author chose not to focus on Levi's past but to start the story in the present and give us enough background throughout the story to connect us to his previous struggles. It was refreshing to see a man that didn't change because of a woman but because he was convicted by his sin and rebellion and motivated to change on his own before he even meets her. I'm normally a little turned off by strong female leads who are confident and assertive because the authors go too far in trying to show their spirit that they just come off as rude and uppity. That was not the case here. Eden could hold her own in every situation but was shown to have a softness and vulnerability that helped me relate to her. Seeing God open her eyes to her sin was beautiful. I actually got teary (which I don't often do from a book) in a few places at the end including the fight scene which had me clicking "next page" on my Kindle as fast as I could :0) To top it off, the romance was just about perfect for me. Of course there was nothing explicit or lusty but the reader was allowed inside their heads enough to know their true feelings for one another. I can't wait to start reading A Tailor-Made Bride next!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Win Her Heart.