Stacy's Reviews > Earth

Earth by Shauna Granger

Sep 15, 12

bookshelves: r2rs
Read from September 07 to 10, 2012

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Let me start by saying I loved this book -- this was another one of those books that I had a hard time putting down! I ignored laundry, a dirty kitchen, a whiny toddler and put off dinner, just so I could read one more chapter...ok, just ONE more chapter....
The main character Shayna is well defined, likable, and feisty. She is an 'Earth Elemental', meaning she has the ability to control and feel the power of the earth. (think dirt, trees, all that jazz) Shayna has 2 best friends who share similar abilities: Jodi is an 'Air Elemental', and Steven is a 'Fire Elemental'. In addition to being elementals, they are also witches. Not the broomstick-riding kind, but the kind who seek to restore balance and promote good karma.
The trio goes through high school and they worry about the same old mundane things, until alarming news reports of satanic worship sites in their small town start to occur. Shayna is plagued with horrifying nightmares where she is being chased by some sort of devil dog, and upon waking, finds that her wounds are real and bleeding. A gorgeous new student (Jensen) starts at her high school, and she is alarmed at the depth of her attraction for him....is he bad news?
I like that the Shayna-Jensen match wasn't a 'done-deal' throughout the book --it didn't seem forced, and it seemed more realistic. BUT!! I sure would like to see some more of Jensen, and I can only hope that he rears his beautiful head in the other 2 books in the series!
Good job, Shauna Granger, and thank you for the opportunity to review your book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth.