Lucia's Reviews > Devoured

Devoured by Emily Snow

Oct 10, 12

Read from October 08 to 09, 2012

3.5 Stars

After saying NO to the rockstar when he tried to do something Sienna was not comfortable with, their "goodbye" was not the nicest one. But after 2 years, Sienna is still physically affected by this guy. But how can she like the person who is trying to demolish her childhood home for the sake of a new recording studio? And why is he so interested in Sienna after everything that happened? Because she said NO and he sees her as challenge? Or is there something more into it?

It is hard to write erotic novel with interesting plotline but not being repetitive. But Emily Snow did it. She grabbed my attention right from the first chapter and completely sucked me into the story. Story in Devoured never dragged, there was right amount of suspense, storyline, character development and sex. I just really really liked this story and since I completely devoured it in very short time I am planning to re-read it at some point again.

Lucas Wolfe and Sienna Jensen. As author describes them - predator and prey. Well, even his name sounds predatory... Lucas Wolfe is without doubt one hot, confident, charming, irresistible piece of man. He was definitely gifted with his words and became excellent seducer in my eyes. Lucas charmed me from the very first meeting and conversation he had with Sienna. And did I mention that he is a ROCKSTAR? Sienna Jensen is a lovable narrator, she is really a nice person, always helpful and self-sacrificing. The only person she was able to defy is Lucas.

The ending was a little bit rushed for me and minimum questions were answered and I definitely needed more. BUT I just find out that there will be sequel soon so I seriously cannot wait!!! Excellent debut by this author, she created very interesting characters and very engaging story.

And guys, I have no pic that would represent Lucas Wolfe better than the one used for cover. I think the cover perfectly represents the main couple.

Note: I receive ARC for exchange of honest review. I would like to thank the author for this excellent opportunity.
19 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devoured.

5.0% "Oh, this begins really good :)" 10 comments
70.0% "I am loving this book! But I have to take a break from reading to go out for meeting :( hopefully I will be able to finish it later tonight" 1 comment

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie So excited about this, it sounds soo good. If you love it then i'm gonna read it!

Lucia Natalie wrote: "So excited about this, it sounds soo good. If you love it then i'm gonna read it!"

I will keep you updated :) i was looking forward to read this one for so looong and i hope i wont be disappointed

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Where did you get it, amazon?? Cus i just checked and can' find it..

Lucia ARC by author. But it should go online today on amazon so i dont know why it is not there yet, probably time difference or something...

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Wow, lucky you. I never gotten an arc. Was it a giveaway here on gr or something?

Lucia Yes, I have author among friends here on GR and she made a mini arc-giveaway 2weeks ago. Btw, main hero is a rockstar so I think you will love it :)

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie i HEART rockstars!!

Kristin (KC) Can't wait to see what you think of this! sounds good!

Lucia It is really good Kris, I am almost done and will post review soon

Emily Snow Pssst, the sequel comes out the week before Christmas. ;-)

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Person Emily wrote: "Pssst, the sequel comes out the week before Christmas. ;-)"

Becky Nicklus Emily wrote: "Pssst, the sequel comes out the week before Christmas. ;-)"

Lucia Emily wrote: "Pssst, the sequel comes out the week before Christmas. ;-)"

Emily, you just made my day! I am soooo happy because I definitely need more of Lucas and Sienna! I loved this book!

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie This one sounds so good, too bad it is only 200 pages...

Lucia Natalie wrote: "This one sounds so good, too bad it is only 200 pages..."

That right, I definitely wanted more but there will be 2nd book in december so hopefully we will get more answers

message 16: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Let's Hope so:)

message 17: by Kristin (KC) (new) - added it

Kristin (KC) Nice review, Lucia! I'll probably read this next :)

Lucia Kris wrote: "Nice review, Lucia! I'll probably read this next :)"

Thanks Kris, hope you will like it too. It is a quick read but it is definitely worth it :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Great review Lucia!

Lucia Alexis wrote: "Great review Lucia!"

Thanks a lot Alexis :)

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Person Awesome review Lucia!

Lucia Kim wrote: "Awesome review Lucia!"

Thanks Kim, I really enjoyed this book :)