Rachael 's Reviews > Hi! Fly Guy

Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold

1320113
Dec 24, 08

bookshelves: kiddo-s-favorites, little-friend-loves-it
Recommended for: esp. early readers, kids who like bugs
Read in November, 2008, read count: many

My Kiddo used to love bugs, and I don't. I was just hoping he wouldn't want to start collecting them or something. Then, abruptly, he started getting really freaked out by flies. This is a problem when you live in the Midwest. Flies are just something you have to deal with in the summer months. He would beg me to catch the flies and send them back outside-- something I'm not quick enough to do. So, what's a Mommy to do?

One day I remembered a school librarian reading this to one of the classes for which I worked as an aide. I thought it might be worth a try, so I checked it out from our Public Library. And my Kiddo LOVES it. He has since requested nearly all of the Fly Guy books! I enjoy Tedd Arnold's off-the-wall sense of humor, and am really amused by the concept of this book.

I don't, however, enjoy all of the Fly Guy books equally. "Shoo, Fly Guy!" is a little bit gross for me, and I expected Kiddo to be traumatized by the froggie "roadkill" but I don't think he yet understands that part.

Anyway, this first entry is a lot of fun, probably especially for little boys.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hi! Fly Guy.