Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Midnight Eyes

Midnight Eyes by Sarah Brophy

This was a surprisingly gritty romance with the heroine Imogen (called Lady Deformed) being held captive by her brother who seemed to have some very unbrotherly feelings towards her. He was really cruel and tormented her. That part was hard to read for me. I just don't get how someone can do things like that.

I really loved the hero and the heroine, and I was glad that although the hero Robert was considered a really bad guy, he was a gentle, tender husband to this very tormented heroine. I like that although he was looked down upon for being a lowly knight with little to his name, he was a much better person than Imogen's brother who had land and power. He was a good guy despite his bad reputation.

This was a new author for me, and I went into this book with no expectations, and was rewarded with a very good medieval romantic read that had enough dark moments to make the beautiful love story all the more touching. Yes there is a very unrealistic thing at the end, but it didn't bother me because I read romance to see good win out over evil and for the Happy Ever After, and I think this story wrapped up well despite the unrealistic elements. I will definitely be reading more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Eyes.

NorthernLightsGirl Awesome review Danielle. I'll have to pick this one up. Sounds like something I might like.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Thanks, NLG. I think you would like it. :)

NorthernLightsGirl I'll be checking my UBS this weekend. So hopefully I will be able to find a copy.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) If you have trouble, let me know and I'll try to find one for you and send it your way.

NorthernLightsGirl Thanks!! I will let you know. :)