Demi's Reviews > Rage Within

Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts

May 08, 15

bookshelves: read-in-2012

This was just so...wow. So many emotions...so much of everything that made it simply amazing.

Dark Inside was ALRIGHT. I liked it, but I also found some of the pacing a bit slow. Rage Within was SO MUCH BETTER. The characters were so well rounded and developed since book 1, the plot was quick and so exciting; it was just SO GOOD. I cannot recommend this enough. To be honest, the whole post apocolypic thing/dystopian book trend is getting a bit old for me, but these books are much different than the others. I can feel the terror and the conflict, unlike some others that are out.

If it's one thing a book must have for me to like it, it's at least one lovable characters. Lucky for this book, it has A LOT. Daniel, Mason, Clementine, Aries, Jack, Nathan, Michael...and a new character that brought the much need light-hearted moments and comedy, Chemistry geek Raj. They're all a little bit messed up inside (some I should say more than others) but they're all just so lovable. Aries is busy trying to keep everyone together, Jack is trying to remain positive while he has to deal with being blind, Clem is still desperatly searching for her brother, Mason is holding everyone at arms length and trying to take matters in his own hands, and Daniel is trying to fight something much darker than any of them could imagine.

I think what made this book stand out from the other one more was that we finally got to see how these characters work together. Dark Inside was them dealing with it all on their own, but Rage Within was learning how to come together and be a team. And I have to say, while a little dysfunctional, they all sure do make one hell of a group. I cannot wait for the third novel!

Also, the 'Nothing' POV is the serious icing on the cake. Even if we all know who it is ;)

Memorable qoutes:
"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Catch some suvivors by the toe. If they holler, kill them on the spot."

"The truth is, we all have a dark side. Every single one of us. The truth is we have all had bad thoughts at one point or another. We've all done things that were mean and awful and we almost always regret it when we act on these dark desires."

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rage Within.

Quotes Demi Liked

Jeyn Roberts
“She is a song written for someone else.”
Jeyn Roberts, Rage Within

Jeyn Roberts
“There are three sides to every story.
Yours
Mine.
What really happened: the truth.”
Jeyn Roberts, Rage Within