Kristin's Reviews > The Rose Garden

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

Sep 05, 2012

liked it
Recommended for: Someone who wants a light, love story with Irish and timetravel elements thrown in
Read from August 01 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I had a hard time getting into this book because I think I expected something different at the start... (the beginning of the book is very, very, very sad and depressing, and I kinda felt like the author 'breezed' over the numbness or emotions that the characters should've been having). However, the book picks up about 60% of the way through and makes for a great ride!

I definitely didn't expect the twist at the end of the book. My heart sang for Claire as she finally founda confidant and Eva could be with the one she loved. The author did a good job of painting a not-always-sunny version of time travel. (Although I was annoyed that more thought/discussion wasn't given to some of hte logistics of Eva's time travel... why culdn't she just always carry some of the things with her if she was worried she would/wouldn't time travel with them?).

All-in-all, the book made for a romantic story. Not necessarily a ROMANCE (the sexy times were definitely lacking), but a story about two people falling in love and being willing to do anything for each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose Garden.