Jessica Haight's Reviews > Alligators Overhead

Alligators Overhead by C. Lee McKenzie

Sep 05, 2012

Alligators Overhead by C. Lee McKenzie is a mysterious adventure that will keep you guessing. Pete may like to get into trouble, but he is a typical 12 year-old with a best friend who tries to keep him doing the right thing. Poor Weasel! He gets a little frustrated trying to keep them both from getting into serious trouble. I think kids between the ages of 8 and 14 will love this book if they like old houses, witches, animals, and nature. Pete is a good main character because his desire to do the wrong thing often leads him into a situation that is entertaining for the reader. I think Pete has a good heart, but his life hasn’t been easy so far. Now that he has learned a bit more about his past and his present he will be growing up a little faster, whether he wants to or not. I liked that the book had fantasy and mystery mixed together because it kept the possibility open that anything could happen. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading others by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alligators Overhead.