Molly (Cafinated Reads)'s Reviews > The Wicked Wives

The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Sep 05, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Being a lover of all things murderous and crime-filled (i.e., books, movies, TV crime shows, Snapped, 48 Hours, etc.), I jumped at reviewing this. I loved the fact that it was based on real murders and in Pennsylvania (my family is from there, so yea....gotta read the books set there!). What I found among the pages for this incredible book, was so much more than a book of crime. It's filled with amazing mysterious twists and turns of the events. From start to finish the author drags the reader to the center of such horrific circumstances. The reader is held on by the many events and by the end of the book, you don't know whether, to cry out in turmoil or cry out in hate for people within in the book!

Taking the true events of a terrible, unthinkable murder crime in the 1930's, Pelagatti shows the reader through all the court room angst and drama, all the pain of the families, all the long drawn out events of piecing the whys and who's together. During the Depression era, these wives were more than just wives. They were killers. They were falling into the preying hands of Giorgio DiSipio, the most evil of men. He would prey on these women, corrupt their minds with evil, and then they would fall victim to becoming a killer. I don't care how much money I would gain, I have a family and can't imagine falling like that. But these women did. And Pelagatti turned this reader into one of those women, if but for a time, to see through their eyes, their minds.

Through serious settings, richly detailed court room scenes and total mind corruption, Pelagatti takes the reader on a fast-paced first-hand look at the minds of these truly wicked women. From start to finish, you will not be able to put this book down. I am glad I had the chance to read this book....those this 5 Book worthy plot line was written on true happenings from the Depression era, 1930's Philly, this reads incredibly like a piece of fiction, creating a book that I highly, highly recommend!

*This review is based on a complimentary copy received in exchange for honest opinion*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wicked Wives.