chucklesthescot's Reviews > Boyfriend from Hell

Boyfriend from Hell by Jamie Quaid

Oct 10, 2015

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, uf-pnr, abandoned

The book was perfectly named because that is exactly what Max is, even before he gets cursed to go there. He is a lazy, arrogant rude idiot who spends his days driving her car around but can never be bothered picking her up from work. Why does she stay with the self obsessed moron? Because he's hot. Gag.

Then there is the potential love interest-the sexy boss. Actually he is a rude sexist pig at the start of the book and is hardly the sort of boss you want to deal with. He does show that he gives a damn when he starts to help after the Max incident.

The one thing I did like was our heroine, who was plain, ordinary, normal and had medical issues which affected her mentally and physically. Great! I thought we were getting diversity here but when the magic stuff comes in she starts turning into an uber hot babe, which really frustrated and annoyed me. It ruined the one thing about the book that might have persuaded me to give it a few more chapters.

A bit disappointing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend from Hell.

04/24/2013 marked as: to-read