babyhippoface's Reviews > Llama Llama Time to Share

282057
Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: humor, kids-picture-books
Read in September, 2012

Okay, here's the thing I really love about Anna Dewdney. She gets meter. She really gets it. She doesn't try to leave a syllable out or cram an extra one into a line to make it fit. I don't have to stop at various points and think, "Wait...how do I have to say this so the meter is right?" That's because Anna Dewdney gets meter. She's always faithful to it and I love her for that. I would declare her Meter Princess if I could. Maybe I'll just print up my own certificate and mail it to her with a crown and a sash.

This book is exactly what you'd expect from Dewdney's Llama Llama line. It's sweet, it's honest, and even though the littles are llamas they are exactly like human littles. Llama Llama is wary of the new girl, Nelly Gnu. (Get it? She's the GNU girl!? Good one.) He really doesn't mind sharing some of his toys, but his favorite stuffed llama? No way, buddy, and let the trouble begin. Exactly like a four-year-old. The mamas are wise, though, and soon little llama learns that sharing isn't so bad.

This one is great for PreK and Kinder classrooms addressing the issue of sharing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Llama Llama Time to Share.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dolly Great review! You are so right - I never have any problems reading her books aloud; the rhymes and rhythm always work just right.

babyhippoface Right? She's the best. :)