Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book 's Reviews > How to Kill a Rock Star

How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: tiffanie-debartolo
Read on September 05, 2012

Not gonna lie. It took me to about 50% to get into this story. It wasn't bad but it wasn't all that. IMO, of course. There are some funny, angst, heartbreaking, sweet moments.

Paul Hudson is a struggling musician who wants to make it big with his band Bananafish. He's a manwhore, annoying, funny and is attracted to Eliza.

Eliza Caelum is a columnist to a music magazine Sonica, afraid of planes(with good reason and her moments in planes are funny)and is attracted to Paul.

Together they make a good couple. They are going strong until Paul and his band get signed. It's not the groupies or fame she's worried about, ok maybe a little, but the main thing is the traveling as in flying. When an opportunity comes up for the band to tour the west coast, she doesn't want to go cause she would have to fly. Paul knows this and he wants to quit the band cause she won't go with him. Upon hearing this she does a dumb move and from this her and Paul are no more.

Another side character Loring Blackman(sigh)enters Eliza and Paul's world and he finds he's attracted to her but doesn't do anything about it. At a concert he sings a song(A Thousand Ways...which I love)thinking Eliza and Paul are not there. They hear it and Paul starts getting suspicious about them. Nothing to worry about until Eliza does said dumb move.

In the end, a moment happens which my heart was like WTF! but then I figured out and it was all good. I'll still recommend this story for the peeps who love rock-n-roll, angst and some good drama all around.

Favorite moments/liners:

Eliza has the sky in her eyes and I've always wanted to touch the goddamn sky.

"I'm in love with her."

Eliza believes in me, she moves me, and she's moved BY me. She makes me happy, she makes me sad, she makes me try harder, she makes me laugh, and she makes me feel like I can fly. Isn't that the goddamn definition of love?

Note to self: Always remember how lucky you are to wake up next to someone who thinks you're the shit.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Kill a Rock Star.