Niamh's Reviews > The BFG

The BFG by Roald Dahl

F 50x66
Sep 05, 2012

The BFG is a children's book about Sophie a little girls who makes friends with The BFG when she sees him blowing something into bedroom windows during "Witching Hour". The BFG is the world's only friendly Giant and he keeps this very much a secret, he was blowing happy dreams into children's bedrooms! The other Giants eat little children and Sophie and The BFG come together with the Queen of England to capture all the children eating Giants so save the children. When this happens the BFG has a castle built for him where he can live.

I enjoyed this book as a little one and equally enjoyed it recently as a not so little one. I can see how it would appeal to children with the exciting plot, the fantasy places and characters and the hilarious words that are used.

The illustrations can be shown from the top of the class as a visual stimulus for the children and the fantastic words used are a great stimulus to students as they will listen out for the words in particular "Whizzpoppers". This book should appeal to all ages, but I think in particular for 8-12 year olds.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The BFG.