Claudia's Reviews > The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture

The Flesh Cartel #1 by Rachel Haimowitz

Oct 07, 12

Read from October 03 to 07, 2012

I'm at only 3 stars because I haven't had enough of a story to really decide. This first part of the series started out very brutal and we somewhat get a sense of what is going on in the brothers' heads. Otherwise, we're not given much else of a reason why they've been taken (other than the prologue about an auction) or the world in which this kind of thing happens. I'm not complaining about any of this. The set-up is fine.

While the capture is being described in detail, and it is very intense, I didn't find anything erotic or sexy about it. I wasn't put off or made to feel squeamish, I just never did get to a point where it was sexy. Hopefully that speaks well of me, that I don't get turned on by witnessing a rape. I just don't want to be missing out on other feelings the author may have intended to elicit from me. I bought the whole series so I'm hopeful that I'll get to a point where there is light at the end of the tunnel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flesh Cartel #1.