Jaix's Reviews > Clash

Clash by Nicole  Williams

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: new-adult
Read in September, 2012

Yeah, I know. Those are three stars. Make that 3 and a half, sure. Why only 3 and the half? The half is for the first book. I really liked the first book. It was intense and the backgrounds of the characters and the story itself doesn't happen that much in real life (not that it couldn't) but it just seems more real, you know? The dialogue, the sequence, and other elements--they contributed to making the story feel real.

This book, on the other hand, stepped on a minor boundary. Lucy's reactions were a bit out of the line. Judd's actions were somehow unbelievable for me. And somehow, this book tells us that not much were solved in the first book (although I felt otherwise). Judd's anger is still there--toward Lucy's dad (or, hell, both her parents). Lucy obviously never learned to trust Judd (or even give him the benefit of the doubt--her suspicions run wild when something not that big of a deal happens). Hence, ruining my view on the first book. (Which is sad because I really liked Crash.) I'd say I'd be better off without having to read this book if I haven't read Crash yet--but I'm not that cruel. Although this book did not meet my expectations, there were some good things that happened in it too. I guess those were what reading this is worth.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clash.