Kellista's Reviews > Rebel Angels

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

Dec 23, 2008

Read in December, 2008

I just finished this last night and my head is still spinning. I found the first one, A Great and Terrible Beauty interesting but not as riviting as some of my friends. Honestly, there were times I thought about putting it down. I'd just came off of the Twilight series so perhaps this great switch in storylines and setting was hard to adjust to. So when I bought the second one I opened it with a great sigh...hoping it would be a tad more interesting. I was pleased to see by just a few pages in I was hooked. The story takes place mostly in Victorian era London, so the setting is 10 times more intriguing! Without giving too much away, Gemma is faced of course with the task of sealing the magic within the realms before Circe finds Gemma and takes the magic for herself. The story twists and turns in ways I couldn't anticipate and ends in with a turn I didn't see coming (for this I'm extremely mad at myself). The character development in this story is greatly strengthend...we learn A LOT more about Gemma and Felicity and their families, are introduced to new characters and get to see old ones grow. Katrik is still pivitol to the storyline and I like how Libba Bray keeps the ties between Katrik and Gemma. This middle book in the series is strong and a GREAT read but beware...you won't want to put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Angels.