Becky's Reviews > Perfect Cover

Perfect Cover by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Dec 23, 2008

Read in December, 2008

If you'd told me at the beginning of sophomore year that I was going to end up a government operative, I would have thought you were crazy, but if you'd told me I was destined to become a cheerleader, I would have had you committed, no questions asked. At that point in time, there were three things in life that I knew for certain: 1)I was a girl who'd never met a site she couldn't hack or a code she couldn't break, 2) I had a roundhouse that could put a grown man in the hospital, and 3) I would without question chop off my own hands before I'd come within five feet of a pom-pom.

I loved this one. I just loved it. We clicked right from the start. The premise? Practically perfect, an unlikely girl, Toby Klein, is invited to try out for the cheerleading squad. Her invitation? It contains a code, and that's not the only suspicious thing going on. Yet before she knows quite how and why it's happening...Toby Klein is...in fact...a cheerleader. True, she's not your typical cheerleader. None of the girls on the squad are...which is why they make perfect undercover agents for the government!

I don't want to reveal too much. But I do want you to know that this one is pure fun, and thoroughly satisfying. I know I can't guarantee that YOU will love it as much as I did. Reading is too subjective to make promises like that. But I do encourage you to pick this one up and give it a try. It's a paperback original--and it's worth every penny of the $7.