Amber's Reviews > The Temptation of the Night Jasmine

The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig

Jan 26, 09

bookshelves: fiction-series
Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I was so excited for this book that maybe my excitement ruined me with expectations. Although, it was a good entertaining read, it lacked certain charm that the other books had. For one, usually the heroine in the 1800s works along with (although reluctantly on the heros part) with the hero to unravel whichever mystery or plot they are working towards. But, in this instance it was a your standard case of man trying to protect woman. Secondly, there were unanswered questions in this book. Why specifically did Robert leave England 10 years ago? Was it just that he didn't feel worth? And why was his father so disreputable? Lastly, in all the other books there were quotations at the chapter headings of all the storylines that occur in the 1800s and then when there wasn't a quotation, you had a clue that it was switching over to the modern Eloise/Colin story. It would take me almost a page of confusion before I finally said, Ah, we're back to Eloise.

The best part of the book was the Colin/Eloise storyline. It's finally getting good, and the whole part about Colin being a spy (I totally saw that coming) was a great spin!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Temptation of the Night Jasmine.

01/26/2009 page 275