Krystal's Reviews > Princess Elizabeth's Spy

Princess Elizabeth's Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal

F 50x66
Jun 22, 13

Read from May 23 to June 04, 2013

I received an ARC edition of this book through the Goodreads giveaway.

I was really looking forward to this book, combining WWII with spies and a smart heroine. I really thought it would be a great read. Overall the writing wasn't bad and the story moved along at a nice pace but I was left wanting by the end. I must mention, however, that there was definately a twist at the very end that almost made me want to pick up the next in the series. Almost, but I think I will pass anyway.

I think for me that the book was a little soft. I typically go for books that are a little bit darker, edgier, though occassionally I will throw in something a bit softer like this. I'm not saying there was anything wrong with this book because it ended up being a very good story and I enjoyed being thrown into that situation. Nonetheless, I think if there may have been a bit more edge to it and a little less fluff I might have enjoyed it even more.

In my opinion, the book was ok but I don't see myself reading the next one or rereading this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess Elizabeth's Spy.

05/22/2013 marked as: currently-reading