Jana (That Artsy Reader Girl)'s Reviews > Unremembered

Unremembered by Jessica Brody

Dec 26, 14

bookshelves: arc, from-pub-or-author, romance, science-fiction, young-adult
Read from February 08 to 11, 2013 — I own a copy

(Originally reviewed (plus there's a guest post by Jessica Brody and a giveaway!) on the blog)

I love mysteries and I love survival stories. Unremembered is both, plus a little science fiction. You really can't go wrong with this one!

1. I love the mystery and frustration that comes with memory loss stories. I mean, OH MY. I was getting so terribly frustrated that Sera/Violet could not remember anything! But at the same time, I was tearing through those pages in the hopes that she would remember. And the intrigue and danger that came with not remembering was really exciting.

2. This story flows really fast, but not so fast that you can't keep up. I loved that.

3. I really liked Sera. I thought it was really cool that, since Sera did not remember anything, we got to learn about her past right along with her. Sometimes an author throws you into a story and has to teach you what a character already knows about his or herself. That can sometimes end up being tedious and frustrating. With Unremembered, though, we get to experience everything with Sera.

4. I really liked the very little I got to learn about Zen in this story. I'm hoping he plays a more dynamic role as the trilogy unfolds, because I really like what I know about him so far. I hope we get more of his own back story, rather than his past with Sera. I want to know him. And I was hoping for more romance. We get glimmers of it throughout the story, so I know the potential... and I want more! I can see book #2 being amazingly good.

5. The sci-fi aspect is really cool and unique. I won't give too much away, because I loved not knowing about it when I started the book. Let's just say there are some evil people, associated with an evil plan, who go to great lengths to get back what they claim is theirs. It was so exciting!

Overall, I loved Unremembered. It's definitely a step or two away from the books I usually read, and I loved this change. I'd recommend this to people who enjoy a little bit of everything in their stories: romance, sci-fi, mystery, survival. It's the beginning of a promising trilogy, and even though I know we are all really beginning to tire of trilogies, but this one is worth investing the next 2-3 years in.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unremembered.

Quotes Jana (That Artsy Reader Girl) Liked

Jessica Brody
“The memories that really matter don't live in the mind.”
Jessica Brody, Unremembered