Darkfallen's Reviews > Burn for Burn

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han

Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: arc, read-n-reviewed
Read from September 04 to 07, 2012

Burn For Burn will take you back to the days of high school and revenge in a heart beat!

We have the popular Lillia, the outcast Kat, and the new girl Mary. While these three seem to have nothing in common they come together to get revenge on three of their fellow classmates. But not everything turns out like they thought it would and things take a turn for the worse...

This is one of those books that just sucks you in. No matter how hard you try you just can't put it down. Told from alternating perspectives of all three girls you really come to understand and know each one, and even though they are all being kind of bitchy I couldn't help but like them all. Still I think bad ass Kat was by far my favorite.

Now when I first started this book I didn't realize that it was going to be a series. So the ending was a big fat WTH?! But now that I know there is a sequel coming I am dying to get my hands on it. The cliffhanger at the end of this book is enough to drive you crazy. I NEED NEED to know what happens next. I'm also excited to learn more about our quiet Mary. There is something almost paranormal going on with her and I can't wait to find out what it is.

Overall this is a great summer read that will demand your attention until the last page, and leave you gasping at the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn for Burn.

09/04/2012 page 22
5.0% "He's not my type. Not even close. That's why it's so crazy. Because as soon as I turn my head, we're kissing. And I suddenly feel like I've been waiting the whole summer for it to happen. " Squeee!"
09/05/2012 page 326
88.0% "She give me a weird look before walking out. I guess she was expecting another fight? One of my bitchy comebacks, perhaps? Don't worry, rennie. It's coming. The bitch slap to end all bitch slaps." Lol"
09/05/2012 page 368
100.0% "Ok it seriously didn't just end like that?!?!?!"