Jaydb's Reviews > A Lady by Midnight

A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare

Sep 09, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from September 04 to 07, 2012

From the first moment Kate and Thorne were mentioned in the same setting, I immediately sensed the chemistry between the two. I'm looking forward to reading about their story!

******Update & Review********

I didn't expect this to have so many funny moments! If you've read the earlier books in the series, the hero, Corporal Simon Thorne is the most serious, deadened person who doesn't even know how to smile. However, I definitely lolled countless times throughout the book. It's definitely thanks to Kate and the lovable Badger.

Although I truly enjoyed A Lady by Midnight, I couldn't give it 5 stars for a number of reasons. First, it didn't reach the level of outrageousness that the previous book, Colin's and Miranda's achieved. It was soooo funny and soooo... there's really no word for it, outrageous, that it made up for the loose ends, IMO. Second, (view spoiler)

The story has this very playful vibe, partly because of the unconventional family that served as the secondary cast of this book. Most of that playfulness came from Kate--and when that playfulness was directed at the gruff, serious and "unfeeling" Thorne, both of them became really adorable, to the extent where I'm thinking Thorne is shifting out of character... but then maybe that's really the point.

Both were very adorable in the last scenes of the book. I don't want to give away any more spoilers, but let's just say that the queer Spindle Cove residents were definitely in their element at that point! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady by Midnight.