Angela's Reviews > Flirting with Danger

Flirting with Danger by Suzanne Enoch

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: romance, ebooks
Read from December 27 to 28, 2010, read count: 2

Flirting With Danger is actually a re-read for me. I originally read this as a borrowed paperback, and once I found out there was a whole series involving these characters, I wanted to come back and start reading them in ebook form. I was very pleased to find that Book 1 held up nicely to a second pass through.

If you're old enough to remember the TV show Remington Steele, this book is pretty close to what you'd get if you take Steele and Laura from that show and reverse their roles. Samantha Jellicoe is an expert jewel thief; Rick Addison is a dashing British billionaire, and Sam's latest target. When she breaks into his house one night only to discover someone else has planted a bomb in his house--and she not only has to save Rick's life, she also has to throw in her lot with him to find the actual would-be killer.

There's a great deal of fun to be had here. Samantha's nicely earthy in contrast to the suave Rick, and while the chemistry between them is often blunt, it's never over the top for my tastes. The mystery of who's gunning for Rick is engaging, too. Quick, light read overall. Four stars.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting with Danger.