Kassandra's Reviews > Charade

Charade by Cambria Hebert

Sep 19, 12

bookshelves: book-i-plan-to-re-read
Read from September 12 to 19, 2012

I was not disappointed with the second book in the Heven and Hell Series :D!

Heven has been given her life back by the angel, Airis, and has been named a
Supernatural Treasure. That is not all Sam, a hell hound, has been assigned as her guard against all the evil. Now, they both have a mission to go to the Catacombs in Rome and return the Treasure Map, which is an important list of people who are meant to do good things on earth. If this list falls into the hands of a Demon the lives of the people on the list will end. Both Heven and Sam are determined to get the Treasure Map to Rome, but once they arrive in Rome all Hell breaks lose.

There are two new characters, Gemma, Henry, and Logan, in Charade.
Gemma was briefly mentioned in Masquerade- she was the girl that gave Sam the bracelet. I seriously did not expect her to be that young, because when she was mentioned in Masquerade I thought she was way older lol. I won't say a lot about her, because I don't want to spoil the book :).

Logan was mentioned in the last chapter of Masquerade. I could tell that his presence in Sam and Heven's life was going to bring trouble. His actions throughout the whole story just screamed out that he was definitely bad news, and that there was something evil deep inside of him.

Henry is also a new character and let me just say that I am not a fan at all. I was surprised to find out who he was by the last few chapters, because I was totally not expecting him to be that evil. I knew that he was bad just by his actions throughout the book, but was totally not expecting him to be a demon.

I seriously could not put this book down, because it was just a great read! I loved reading from both Sam's and Heven's point of view, because there are parts within the story that can only be seen through either one of their side. Now, the mystery behind Kimber, Heven's friend, and Logan just kept me reading. There was also the big revelation on why Cole feels a strong Connection with Heven. This totally made my jaw drop to the floor, because I was not expecting this turn in the story.

I would definitely recommend everyone to read this book. If you loved Masquerade then you will love Charade. Plus, the cover is just gorgeous :D!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charade.