Sharon's Reviews > Trial and Terror

Trial and Terror by Adam L. Penenberg

Sep 04, 12

I own a copy

Summer Neurwirth is a Public Defender. She just won a case she wishes she hadn’t, she has just found out her client was guilty. She wouldn’t have won if the lead Prosecutor Grundy had shown up and they hadn’t lost the file on Marsalis, the rapist she was defending. At the defense table he started whispering all her pertinent data numbers, Social Security, birthday etc. He then attacked her in the women’s bathroom in the courthouse where his case is just dismissed.

Her next case is to defend a woman accused of killing Grundy, the Prosecutor who hadn’t shown up in her last case. She knows her client is innocent, but the evidence keeps stacking up. The prosecution has a witness who claims to have seen her client running away from Grundy’s apartment. Tai, her private investigator is following every lead to find a witness or evidence that they can use in this case.

During all of this, Marsalis, the rapist she got off, continues to harass Summer, calling her in the middle of the night repeating information no one should know.

Summer is having flashbacks of her recent violent rape. Memories of a childhood she never knew of are coming back.

With Penenberg’s impeccable timing and command of the English language he leads you on a journey with more curves than a roller coaster and you emerge thrilled and breathless from the experience.

Adam L. Penenberg is a Professor of Journalism at New York University. In addition to being published in such prestigious media as Forbes, New York Times, Washington Post and more.
Penenberg garnered national attention in 1998 for unmasking serial fabricator Stephen Glass of the New Republic. Penenberg's story was a watershed for online investigative journalism and portrayed in the film Shattered Glass (Steve Zahn plays Penenberg). He has also been a presence on broadcast venues and many of his scripts have been option ed for film projects.

The get your own, well written, whip fast mystery/thriller in the Kindle edition at - http://www.amazon.com/Trial-and-Terro...

Author website: http://penenberg.com
Publisher website: http://wayzgoosepress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trial and Terror.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mandy This review sets the stage for a legal thriller that's sure to keep me on the edge of my seat! I know I won't put it down once I start reading!

Gaby The review gives me an idea very well of this exciting and Legal thrilling book its a non stop reading.

Holly I love legal thrillers and this one sounds especially creepy and edge of your seat!