Maria's Reviews > Garment of Shadows

Garment of Shadows by Laurie R. King

Sep 26, 13

bookshelves: reread, to-read
Read from September 09 to 13, 2012

It was wonderful to see Russell back in her usually element of intrigue, as opposed to her rôle in Pirate King (not that I didn't enjoy that, too).
Normally, I find the amnesia device rather cliché, but LRK made it work. Somehow. Maybe it's because it's Russell and you can tell she embarrassed by it.
Anyhow, the way her memories came back was interesting; almost like reliving the other books. And Holmes. God love them.
Granted, at the end I kind of gave up trying to follow the layers of intrigue, secrecy, treason, and bluffing but that was kind of the point.
"It would be a plan as tangled as the streets of the medina, a garment woven of lies and half-truths, of truths that look like lies, and lies that appear the truth. A garment suited to the half-light, it's precise outlines impossible to discern." Hence, I believe, the title.
Overall: great book, wonderful Russell

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Garment of Shadows.

09/09/2012 page 1
0.0% "Ahhhhhh so excited!!"
09/10/2012 page 37
12.0% "Russell. You have a husband. And he's supes chill. Please remember him and your awesome self. PLEASE!"
09/12/2012 page 105
36.0% ""My dear Russell, never have I approached you without a qualm." Holmes, why are you so amazing?!"
09/13/2012 page 187
64.0% ""He was pleasantly surprised when no one shot him.""
09/26/2013 marked as: to-read