Noelani's Reviews > Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Dec 22, 2008

This is my favorite book of all time. When you grow up with the "overly-nice" Disney version of the story, picking up this book for the first time can be quite a shock. The book will also shatter the image that most girls have of Tinkerbell but personally-I prefer the original. Johnny Corkscrew, Peter's idea of a kiss, sewing on a shadow, sifting through the thoughts of your children as they sleep... So many things about this book are missed by those who never bother to pick it up because they "know the story". Peter Pan is not an innocent child, he has experienced more as a child than most of us do in our entire lives... The best moment, the best quote of this book is when Peter says, "To die will be an awfully big adventure." We should all view life, and death, through the eyes of Peter Pan..
35 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter Pan.

02/21 marked as: read

Erin Noelani says, "When you grow up with the "overly-nice" Disney version of the story, picking up this book for the first time can be quite a shock."

I am only a couple chapters into the book, and the edition I'm reading had a very nice intro. about the author. Reading about Barrie was actually really depressing and will forever change my perspective on the story. Already it is quite different from my Disney-perfect view of Peter!

Stephen Kuntzman It was the drum in Peter that said, "To die will be an awfully big adventure."