Jean's Reviews > Walk Two Moons

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

Sep 04, 12

4+ Thanks for reminding me of this book, Chris. It was a lovely reread. You are right, considering the events of recent weeks it hit some tender spots ("We can't be dead. We were alive minutes ago." and "She was everywhere. You couldn't look at a single thing without being reminded of her.") I love Creech's quirky, real basically good characters. And the flash-back, multi-layered narration perfectly captured the theme of walking in another's moccasins. Then, too, "I do like a story with some good kisses in it."
Favorite Quote:
"It seems to me that we can't explain all the truly awful things in the world like war and murder and brain tumors, and we can't fix these things, so we look at the frightening things that are closer to us and we magnify them until they burst open. Inside is something that we can manage, something that isn't as awful as it had at first seemed. It is a relief to discover that although there might be axe murderers and kidnappers in the world, most people seem a lot like us: sometimes afraid and sometimes brave, sometimes cruel and sometimes kind."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk Two Moons.