Janel's Reviews > Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Sep 12, 12

Read from September 04 to 10, 2012

This southern style comedy with a 60+ heroine, "Miss Julia" was a delight to read. At first I wasn't so sure...Do I want to be inside the head of this biddy?....But soon enough she had me laughing and there were enough twists and action, especially from the middle on to hold my interest. Miss Julia is newly widowed and adjusting well enough to her new situation when the door bell rings and there before her are her husbands mistress (who she had no idea existed) and her son (Miss Julia's husband is the father!). Soon the fun begins and Miss julia is coping with caring for this 9 year old boy, the nosy gossipy townsfolk and the phony acting, oh so helpful pastor of the church. Miss Julia speaks her mind to be sure, and boy do people try to spin that against her. For the first time in her life she's truly her own person, answering to no one. She was a great character and the book left me feeling happy, it was just so much fun. Lots of folksy philosophy and wisdom sprinkled throughout. Great if you enjoy southern fiction!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind.