Veeska's Reviews > Trickster's Queen

Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce

Dec 22, 08

Recommended for: People who have read the prequel and want to find out what happens next
Read in December, 2008, read count: I can't say

Usually the sequel to a book isn’t nearly as good as the first one, but this was an exception. Possibly I liked this book more than the first one.
Pierce continues in her quest to put a half raka girl on the throne, and take down the current rulers who are mistreating the raka. On the way she endangers and saves and endangers again her creations, making a wonderful story.
Only a few new people are introduced into this tail, but only a few are needed. If possible, I think this sequel is more action-packed than its prequel, and that’s saying a lot.
Pierce even manages to close with a beautiful ending. I’m impressed, because of all the times everyone would get killed and the whole quest is for nothing. But it gets wrapped up marvelously, and everything turns out fine in the end. Of cores, there are a few deaths, but all in all it was great…and a story like that can’t have everyone live. It just wouldn’t be possible.
There is a bit of violence, but not any language that I picked up on, and the gruesome scenes aren’t described in vivid detail, so I think this book can even be for youngsters. Just make sure you read the first one, or you’ll be lost to the very end.
Unlike some books, there aren’t too many reminders of who this is or what that is. You might want to read them close together so that you don’t forget too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Queen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tiyrna Nightschild I agree completely. The deaths that this book resulted in were almost "fitting". It just felt right, the people who died and how they died.