Rajendra Kumar's Reviews > The Edge Of Desire

The Edge Of Desire by Tuhin A. Sinha

Aug 05, 13

Just couple of few days more and we will celebrate our Independence Day once again, but it’s not a topic. My mind suddenly strikes with some issues that are interrelated with women empowerment & freedom with their dignity. On last year I was going through this book and just ended on the eve of Independence Day, no doubt a decent story but comprehensive narration that holds the reader between character’s individual contest and political screw. The bout to get the justice, the struggle to get the dignity and to think something beyond of our personal lives, that’s really overwhelming.
It’s really overwhelming writing skills that an author who is not a female but expressed the whole pain & feelings that looks real not a dramatic script. The character Shruti somewhere represents the same view & dodges that really exist in today’s era of modern generation. Might be we are used to talk very easily with these situation but somewhere still we are not accepting the true facts, lacking with narrow mentality. No doubt Tuhin got success to recognize the political view simply, which is good on behalf of various characters.
It doesn't mean I was expecting a nice finale someplace rather than death of Sharad & jail of Shruti etc…but any way its respectable reflection of our current society.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge Of Desire.