Wanderlust's Reviews > Taking Chances

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: baby-mama-drama, c-is-for-cried-like-a-baby
Read on September 06, 2012

Cover & Title - five out of five. (my number five (and six), my question mark & apostrophe keys are are all broken)
Favorite Line - “That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can't Harper.”
Favorite Character - Bre i think.

I am so lost as to how i feel about this book, I think i liked (a lot) it but i also know i hated parts of it. I feel very muddled.
I was surprised it got classed as YA even mature YA as it has quite a few sex scenes, detailed ones at that. Because of this it is a book i would never class as YA.
I also think the story was quite predictable, i had pretty much guessed how it was going to play out 40 percent in, maybe even before that. I do agree with a lot of people who have linked it with other books as it was quite similar in parts to other books which i have read but I do think the book held its own story-wise in the end. I felt 70 percent onward (about then i think) the book was wrapping up, almost like you could of condensed the final thirty into maybe 10 percent, but *shrug* that is just my opinion.
So i have criticized the book quite a bit but i do want you to know i did enjoy it! I loved the love triangle, i thought the emotions between them seemed realistic & i enjoyed the chemistry between the characters. I thought the sex scenes were hot. I also did like the ending even i did feel it went on a bit.

I would recommend this book & in the future i plan on reading more by this author.

oh and i know this is not really the point but it really bugged me (view spoiler)

For more reviews check out my blog - http://bookprotagonist.blogspot.co.uk/
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Chances.

09/06/2012

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Shona!

Wanderlust Lazy Jeff wrote: "Great review, Shona!"

:) Thank you

Kati I loved this book but I so agree with you about the baby size/stretch marks/1 week to flat tummy! rolling eyes. My son was much bigger also.

Wanderlust Kati wrote: "I loved this book but I so agree with you about the baby size/stretch marks/1 week to flat tummy! rolling eyes. My son was much bigger also."

It was like such a joke! I actually laughed out loud, even my husband was like wtf! when i told him. With my 3rd pregnancy i was huge & as was the baby at 31 weeks and i still wasn't put on bed-rest. It just seemed so unbelievable.

Janice oh exactly could not believe that point. big gye roll from me too! my babies were all early and all over 8lb!