Samantha's Reviews > No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden

No Easy Day by Mark Owen

Sep 06, 12

Read from September 04 to 05, 2012

I think this is an important book that needs to be read, the same way the Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell needs to be read. With that said, it started off a little rough for me. I felt like I was in a debriefing room, very cold and no depth. That changed at the 40% mark and his personality came through. I also think you can't say or type this isn't political. It's all political no matter the party in the White House.

I read this book not so much to read the 'facts' about the mission, I wanted to see if Policy changed from the Lone Survivor. Unfortunately, that answer is: "it has gotten worse." I have the utmost respect for these men who do a job so much bigger than we could even wrap our brains around. I don't know or pretend to know what or if there was a hidden agenda behind his writing of this book and I don't care. I'm glad he did.

Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Easy Day.

09/04/2012 page 130

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kelli I want to read this so much. Is it political to a point where its suppose to make Obama look good or is it just an account of what happened? I just am weary of when politically charged things conveniently come out right before an election. I just want the real facts, not something that makes either candidate look good. :)

Samantha It's straight facts with the peppering of "No SEALs like the current President." It's not enough to turn you off but it's there. There definitely is major policy change for the military, that is definitely political, but I don't think it would affect a voters decision. It is what it is, you know?

Kelli Thats true!! It sounds like it would be a fair read!! Im gonna order it soon.

Samantha If you do read it, come back and let me know what you think!