Melissa's Reviews > Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry by Richard   Wright

5619527
Oct 31, 12

bookshelves: for-review, did-that-really-just-happen, fantasy, dystopian, horror, mind-blowing-creativity, pretty-covers
Read from September 03 to October 31, 2012

Wow. I picked up this book because I thought the blurb sounded intriguing and I didn't really know exactly what I was getting myself into. Paranormal, Horror, Thriller or Fantasy? Whatever it was it got under my skin and terrified me to pieces.

Here is a small excerpt:

"Then his eyeballs began to sizzle and pop, dripping scalding fluids over his cheeks that raised blisters across his blackening face. When he opened his mouth to howl, steam shot forth as though from a dragon's maw. A distant crackling, the first true sound he had heard in that place, told him his hair was on fire. "

Wright's writing, although at times a tad overdone, was exquisite. As a reader I've grown to like the less is more approach and sometimes I will begin to scan the pages when an author over-educates, describes or explains things. I loved the biblical inclusion to the story and the entire plot as a whole. It was haunting and unique and wonderful.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves horror, dystopian or apocalyptic books. Wright has a beautiful imagination. Well done.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thy Fearful Symmetry.

10/09/2012