Karol's Reviews > The Story of My Life

Apr 25, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: owned, read-in-2009
Read in April, 2009

This autobiography is a mostly interesting account of Helen Keller's early life and education, written while she was attending college at Radcliffe College. Portions of this book were a tad boring as Ms. Keller cataloged the books and authors she read and the people she met.

Truly, she accomplished more than most human beings in her lifetime, and this despite the obvious obstacles she faced.

The book leaves quite a few questions unanswered for me, though. I'll look for a biography that covers some of her later years, because I would still like to learn more about this amazing woman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of My Life.

message 1: by Sandi (new)

Sandi I adore Helen Keller. When I was a kid, I read everything I could about her. Her autobiographies (I'm sure there were more than one.) were the best. I find it absolutely amazing that she accomplished so much considering the challenges she faced. Whenever I start to wallow in self-pity, I think about Helen Keller. If she didn't wallow, then I have no reason to.

Karol Yeah, very good point Sandi. It really did lift my spirits to read about her and see the determination she had, along with faith in herself and others - and God - that carried her through.