Amber's Reviews > Lock and Key

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Jan 03, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2009, young-adult
Read in January, 2009

I chose to read this book after hearing great things about this author from my friend Jessica. I had high hopes going in to this and this book did not disappoint. As I've heard, Dessen's novels focus on teenage girls and coming of age moments/situations. This holds true for Lock and Key with the focus of this book on family, what it means to different people and what it means to be independent or to rely on others. There were parts of this book that had me in tears not only because of the theme, but the way it was discussed.

I'm not sure if my current family situation made me more sensitive to this story or not, but either way, I really loved this book. I enjoyed the subject matter, I loved the characters and I liked how the book didn't follow a stereotypical story line. Two big thumbs up. I'm really excited to read more of Dessen's work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.

01/02/2009 page 293
69.43% "so far, this book is really fantastic."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica I have this on hold at the library. Please let me know how it is!! (You know my love affair with Sarah Dessen!)

Ashley (angelashly) Good to hear. I just got 2 books by her for Christmas. I can't wait to read them.

Emily I am glad have started to read sarah dessen books i am obsesed with her books. I hav lock and key and just listen and hav read a few others so my mum just brought me all the other books she has written.

message 4: by Jessica (new) - added it