Bridgett's Reviews > Winning the Wallflower

Winning the Wallflower by Eloisa James

Sep 03, 12

bookshelves: ebooks
Read in September, 2012

What a silly little book! Certainly not correct in the details, but oh so funny written!
Sometimes I don't mind a little incorrectness in a historical romance. So what if it isn't accurate and the heroine blurts out some phrases that nobody back then would have understood? Does the story flow? Do you want to read just one more line? Then it's a good book! Job well done! :)

I like romance novels now and again. I like them to be a bit steamy even. I LOVE historical romance novels. So when I stumbled across this one for free on B&N I thought why not? And it payed off with a delightful afternoon of "getting away" into another time and space. (It's no longer free, but at $0.99 not a bad deal either)

If you can suspend your common sense and shut up the little voice in your head SCREAMING that this would NEVER have happened this way, then this little book is a hoot to read!

It was just plain fun and honestly: The love scene was HOT! I will certainly look for more by this author.
I won't say more about the book, as it is really short (it's only a Novella after all) and if I say one more sentence then I probably give it all away. Well really one can guess the outcome by the third page, but it doesn't harm the story or the joy of reading. At least not in my opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winning the Wallflower.