Elevetha 's Reviews > Iron Hearted Violet

Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill

So I had some pretty high hopes for this one, most of which were dashed on the rocks of indifferent-ism. It just looked so cool.....

I was expecting something from the dragon, who turned out to be a one-dimensional side character.

Violet was two-dimensional. More there and yet....really not. She actually sorta annoyed me just a little bit.

Demetrius (awesome name) was just like every single other boy-side-character-that-is-best-friends-with-a-nontraditional-princess.

The Nybbas. As a villain, not that great. Pretty sub-par.

Why was every other word italicized? Why?! What purpose did that serve?

Interesting idea about "the mirrored sky" and how this world came to be.

Glad it's a stand-alone (as far as I know...) because there would be no point in continuing this any further.

Overall, nothing special and I know I won't be re-reading it but for a one time read, it wasn't bad.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Hearted Violet.

Quotes Elevetha Liked

Kelly Barnhill
“Love transforms our fragile, cowardly hearts into hearts of stone, hearts of blade, hearts of hardest iron. Because love makes heroes of us all.”
Kelly Barnhill, Iron Hearted Violet

Kelly Barnhill
“There's no such thing as complete when it comes to stories. Stories are infinite. They are as infinite as worlds.”
Kelly Barnhill, Iron Hearted Violet

02/15/2013 page 32
02/16/2013 page 184
42.0% "Entirely too many italicized words. There's just so many. I think I might scream if I read one more." 2 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

★RavenclawReader★ Other than the italicizing issue, is this book any good?

Elevetha It's okay. Nothing great, in my opinion, but I don't regret having read it.

★RavenclawReader★ Yeah... I may try reading it sometime soon.