Cardmaker's Reviews > The Prophet

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

Sep 11, 12

Read in September, 2012

Reading this book was definitely not like reading the first two books of the series. I had to do a bit of slogging to get to the end of this one, which means that I wasn't enjoying it. For some strange reason, this book had several errors in it. Whoever was supposed to be doing the editing did a poor job. Every time I came to an error, I fixed it in pen but I shouldn't be finding ANY errors, now should I?

I think the main character, Amelia, was starting to grate on my nerves a bit which may have been part of my problem with this one. I found it irksome that the author continually repeated things from the first two books in the series. I know why she did it, because she wants the books to stand on their own, but for someone who's just read the first two, that repetition becomes like fingernails on a chalkboard after a while.

The other thing I found irritating is something that may not bother anyone else at all. The author repeatedly noted that Amelia "sat down and pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged her legs" and half the time, she rested her chin on her knees. Over and over she did this. Okay, maybe a person does always sit the same way but do we have to read about it every time?

She brought the series to a satisfactory conclusion but it seemed a little hurried at the end. It felt to me like she just realized how far into the book she was and thought, oh gee, I have to finish this up soon. So, for all that I enjoyed the first two books and gave them ratings of four, this one only won a three from me. If you've read the first two, definitely read this one. It's a little busy, new characters were added who didn't really need to be there, and some questions from the other two books weren't satisfactorily answered, but it was worth a three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prophet.