Angela's Reviews > Angels Fall

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Dec 21, 2008

bookshelves: romance, ebooks
Read in August, 2007

Turned out that, despite all the various Nora Roberts recommendations folks kindly gave me, the first non-J.D. Robb of hers that I read was Angels Fall, her latest paperback. Turned out to be pretty good, overall. A talented young chef, after being the only survivor of a violent crime back East, travels across the country and winds up in a small town in the mountains--where she is the only witness to a murder. Only did she really see what she thought she did? Most of the town is dubious, except for the writer who's taken a shine to her and believes she's telling the truth.

I already know Roberts' writing from the In Death series, of course, but this novel felt a bit meatier than most of those books--possibly because there was only the one book to spend on developing these characters. And I'll say this for ol' Nora: she actually surprised me for who turned out to be the murderer. I spent most of the book thinking it was somebody else entirely. Also, thumbs up for the heroine and hero being refreshingly equal in their growing attraction, and the heroine being very honest about laying down her boundaries and when she's ready to cross them, and the hero respecting that quite a bit. The sex scenes were also familiar in style from the J.D. Robbs, and I do like Nora's style--she peppers her novels with several very small sex scenes and yet manages to make the flavor of each distinctive.

Thinking about it, I can't come up with a single beef I have with this book. So sure, let's say four stars. ^_^
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels Fall.

Terri If you like her thrillers, you might try Divine Evil.

Angela Terri wrote: "If you like her thrillers, you might try Divine Evil. "

I see you posted about that, yeah! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Terri I'll confess that I liked Angel Falls better, but Divine evil is a fun read.

Angela Terri wrote: "I'll confess that I liked Angel Falls better, but Divine evil is a fun read.
"

Hey, 'fun read' is sometimes exactly what one needs!