M.B.'s Reviews > Ghostwriter

Ghostwriter by Lissa Bryan

Sep 09, 12

Read from September 03 to 09, 2012

After receiving a few ARCs that I couldn't get into, I stumbled over this little gem. I'd had it on my phone for about a week before I finally opened it up to read. It was one of those "why did I wait?" moments.

Admittedly, a little slow in the very beginning, but once Sara moves onto the island, the story picks up very quickly, without ever feeling rushed, and the reader is drawn into it.

The mixture of the modern day and the 1920s is very good as it sows how much the world has changed and moved on. Something many of us take for granted.

I found myself welling up at the emotion of Seth's letters to Marcella. The love he felt for her was immense, yet her letters to him... well, I'll let you find that out for yourself.

The character of Seth in Sara's mind is idolised much in the way many teenage girls view band members and actors today. It was actually very refreshing to have an author portrayed in this way. Particularly one as mysterious as the elusive Mr Fortner. In the days of being able to log on to the computer and find out pretty much everything about a celebrity, it was a novelty to have a character that people know very little about regardless of how frustrating it must be for Sara. Ginny and Becca aren't exactly forthcoming about him either. They also add to the mystery by asking about noises or simply refusing to enter the house at all.

I sort of guessed the ending (it's the only possibility in all honesty) but there were still aspects of it that I did not expect at all. I won't say any more as I don't want to give too much of the story, you need to buy a copy of the book when it's published October 11.

For this and more reviews, go to my blog : http://michbookreviews.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghostwriter.

09/07/2012
36.0% "Put it this way... I'd have packed my stuff and got on the boat!!"
09/08/2012
64.0% "I can't see how this is going to work... but yay for Richard getting his arrogant arse handed to him!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lissa (new) - added it

Lissa Bryan Thank you!

M.B. Lissa wrote: "Thank you!"

you are more than welcome Lissa, I really enjoyed the book and can't wait to buy the finished product on release